Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
This Sunday there will be a furniture auction in Cumming, Georgia. All of the furniture up for auction was used in a model home in Brandon Hall, a Sharp Residential community. If you've ever been in a model home then you know its usually very stylish furniture, bedding, and art work. This is a great opportunity to buy furnishings for your home at a discount.
Here are the details:
Before you go to the auction there are a few things you should know:
- Everything is sold as is. There are no refunds on items purchased.
- There is a 15% buyer's premium on items purchased so if you buy something for $100, it will actually cost you $115 plus tax.
- Payment can be made with cash, check, Visa, or Mastercard.
- You must take your purchases with you the same day. There are people at the auction for a couple of hours after it ends so you will have time to rent a truck if necessary. Your best bet for a last minute rental is Lowe's or Home Depot. I can also recommend a mover if you don't want to worry about getting a truck.
- There are people on hand that can help you load heavy furniture into your vehicle. They work for tips so bring cash.
The furniture pictured above is part of the lot that will be auctioned on Sunday.
Take Ga. 400 North to exit 14 (hwy 20). Take Hwy 20 east and go 2 miles to right on Trammel Road. Go 2.5 miles and turn right on Windermere Parkway. Turn into Brandon Hall community (Abingdon Place) which will be on your immediate right. Turn left on Wykeshire Ct. The Castleberry Model home is the first home on the right after the stop signs.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
The Taste is this weekend! I've been a couple of times with my girlfriends and we always have a good time. Its in Atlantic Station which is the perfect setting for this kind of event. You'll have the opportunity to experience over 70 Atlanta restaurants, see cooking demonstrations, attend wine tastings, and a lot more.
For more information, go to the Taste of Atlanta website.
For more information, click here
If you are a professional that works out of the office or just a busy person that likes to stay connected then you may find this site useful.
It tells you where you can find free wireless hotspots in Georgia. A few that are easy to find are at Krystal's, PJs Coffee Shop, Taco Mac, and Slice. Check out the website for others that may be near you.